Happy Monday! I have a lot to share with you today about my weekend and the ending of last week! I had a very active weekend, with all of my events supporting breast cancer and raising money for research. Like I have said before, breast cancer has had a big impact on my family, so an important cause for me to support.
This is a great time for me to link up with Clean Eats, Fast Feets for a week in review to go over all of my weekend happenings!
- My weekend started out early Saturday morning with a Barbells for Boobs event hosted at my Crossfit gym. We had so many people there signed up for the workout, cheering on others and supporting the cause. We had a silent auction with a variety of awesome items for people to bid on, and all of the money went to breast cancer research as well. Up until the time of the event, each person signed up for the workout was promoting it and getting donations from other family and friends. As a whole, my gym raised over $9,000! That is insane, considering our initial goal was to raise $2,000.
- I am so, so proud of everyone for working so hard to raise money for such a great cause.
- The workout was a partner workout, and combined two benchmark girl WODs- Helen and Grace. It was a good one!
- Great morning with my Crossfit family! But, my day didn’t end there. I went to a fall, Harvest Wine festival in the afternoon! It was a cloudy day, but the venue was beautiful and it wasn’t too cold! We got to try as many wine samples as we wanted, which was awesome! It was the first year for this event, so it wasn’t too crowded. It was such a fun, fall afternoon!
- Afterwards, we got dinner at an amazing restaurant. They make all of their food from fresh, local sources and are constantly adding new things to the menu. I got the stuffed acorn squash, it was delicious!
- Sunday, time for the Race for the Cure! They were calling for rain, so I was a little bummed, but, it held out and it was perfect running weather! This is a race I do every year, so was excited to be there with the other thousands of people supporting the same cause. Even better, I won my age group! I finished in 22:15 (5 seconds faster than last year!!), which was the top time for women 25-29. Super pumped!
- Last night, I make white chicken chili in the crockpot, and it was the perfect Sunday dinner. It’s amazing smell was filling up the house all afternoon and did not disappoint when we ate it for dinner!
- I am starting to teach my outdoor bootcamp tonight and so pumped about it! It may get a little chilly, but I am looking forward to being outdoors helping others get in some exercise. The last I heard, we had 20 people signed up! Should be great!
That about sums up my eventful, active weekend! I had a blast and I enjoyed getting outdoors and enjoying some fall activities while I still can. I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as well! Thanks again for the link up!